Hey FitFam!! My goal is to give you a mix of inspiration and exact how-to’s that will help you to reach your goals. Today is a very simple how-to.
They say if you choose hard things you will have an easy life and if you choose easy things you will have a hard life.
These things are hard to stick to long term but they will make your life much more enjoyable when you have a strong, resilient and healthy body.
Resistance Training: 3x week and 45 min of walking on rest days.
- Sleep: 7-8 hours per night.
- Protein: Eat 0.8-1 gram per pound of desired bodyweight each day.
- Hydrate: drink 1/2 your bodyweight in ounces daily
- Veggies: eat 3 servings daily about the size of your fist.
- Goals: Write, review and visualize them.
- Schedule: Proactively plan your day.
- Learn: read or listen to podcasts at least 15 min per day.
These are the things that shift your identity to a “fitness person” because if you investing time in these habits, you are telling yourself and others that your health is a priority.
Don’t make it complicated. Master the simple stuff before looking for the advanced techniques.
Plan this week out to have more of the 8 habits I listed above and less of the habits that take you away from your goals.
Life changes are not a switch you flip (on and off), its a dimmer switch that you fade over time.
Which of these 8 are you working on right now?