As a parent, I know it can be scary how many things can influence our kids.
- Social Media
- Social Pressure
They are all trying to force their definition of beautiful, smart or happy onto our kids.
But I don’t want you to feel like it’s all doom and gloom.
In fact, there’s some really positive stats that show even with all these extra layers of influences that moms have the biggest influence on their kids.
Specifically their daughters.
They are watching you and following your actions. What do they see?
- Is mom sacrificing herself for everyone else?
- Is mom setting time aside for her self-care?
- Is mom talking to herself with kind words?
- Is mom leading from the front with a healthy lifestyle?
6 weeks from today is Mother’s Day which means it’s a great opportunity to SHOW your family that you are prioritizing yourself.
The “do as I say, not as I do” approach does not work with our kids or anyone for that matter.
People pay attention to what you DO far more than listen to what you SAY.
Your kids are going to follow your lead.
The person you want them to be as an adult begins with what they see in the household on a child. Things like…
- Self-Talk (How You Speak About Yourself and To Yourself)
- Grocery Shopping (How You Making Decisions to Buy or Not To Buy)
- Food Choices (How You Decide If You Should or Should Not Eat Something)
- Exercise (Scheduling Time To Do It 3x Week Minimum)
I can go on and on but you are teaching your kids “how to adult” and your example will be followed.
Moms, we are here to support you so you can be strong, confident and capable in your body and can lead from the front for your family!